China urges US to stop deeds that will hurt others and itself
Further comments by China's foreign ministry spokesman, Geng Shuang
- US' accusation against China is groundless
- US' accusation is to cover protectionism
- China will take effective measures to safeguard globalisation
- To continue reform, opening up as scheduled
- Urges US to go back to rationality
China continuing the defensive rhetoric. Yet again, nothing new but reinforces the notion that they stand ready to announce countermeasures in the event the US goes through with the reported additional $200 bn tariffs.