Some items on the wires re Japan's Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF)
From a panel discussion. Bloomberg with the headlines.
Seki Obata of Keio University:
- GPIF is slow to increase in-house investments
Hiromichi Mizuno (GPIF CIO):
- GPIF's Derivative investment abilities are limited
- In-house investments won't add to risk
- To need 135-150 extra staff for in-house investing
- Political pressure won't sway GPIF voting right choices
These from a little earlier.
- Mizuno says GPIF asks outside managers not to hold more than 5% of any stock
- GPIF is mulling a 3% limit for in-house stock investments