Economic calendar due from Asia today (and Japan is back from holiday)
Japan was closed on Monday but is back again today. It was a wee bit subdued in their absence yesterday.
Coming up on the calendar today ...
2230 GMT - Australia - ANZ Roy Morgan Consumer Confidence
- prior 116.5
This is a weekly indicator and has started to show some better results in recent weeks after a dreary run for a long time
0000 GMT - Japan wages data for November
- Labor Cash Earnings y/y, expected +0.6% y/y, prior +0.2%
- Real Cash Earnings y/y, expected -0.1%, prior -0.1% also ... 'real' is after accounting for inflation, which is Japan is very low indeed, which doesn't say much about wage rises, does it? The administration would like wages higher to spur consumption and growth. We'll see.
0001 GMT - UK data
BRC Sales Like-for-Like December
- expected +0.3% y/y, prior +0.6%
0030 GMT - Australia - Building Approvals for November
- expected -1.3% m/m, prior +0.9%
- expected +4.6% y/y, prior +18.4%
I posted a quickie preview here yesterday: Australian data - preview of November building approvals
And I'll have another to come on this separately
Also at 0030 GMT - Australia - ANZ Job Ads for December, prior +1.5% m/m
0110 GMT - Bank of Japan JGB purchases, 10-25 years and 25 years plus