European stocks mostly higher. 10 year yields lower as London traders exit
Gold down. Crude unchanged. Bitcoin lower. US stocks mixed.
The London/Europe traders are looking to exit for the day. Below is a snapshot of the market changes.
The European stocks are mostly higher:
- German DAX is up 0.4%
- France's CAC is up 0.4%
- UK's FTSE is down -0.4%
- Spain's Ibex is lower by -0.17%
- Italy's FTSE MIB is up 0.37%
- Portugal's PSI 20 is up 0.53%
In the European 10 year debt sector yields are lower:
- Germany 0.431% -0.8 basis points
- France 0.788%, -0.8 basis points
- UK 1.236%, -0.8 basis points
- Spain 1.482%, -4 basis points
- Italy 1.984%, -2.2 basis points
- Portugal 1.867%, -7.4 basis points
In other markets the snapshot shows:
- Spot gold $-2.45 or -0.19% in $1317
- WTI crude oil futures +7 cents or 0.14% at $61.51
- Bitcoin on the CME is down -10.07%. Ripple is lower by -10.58%. Litecoin is down by -7.5%
In the US today, stock indices are mixed:
- S&P indexes trading near unchanged at 2742 88
- NASDAQ composite index is trading up 13.3 points or 0.19% at 7150. A positive close would be a record close
- The Dow industrial average is down -31 points or -0.12% at 25265.
In the US debt market, yields are marginally higher after being down earlier in the day:
- two-year 1.96%, unchanged. The low yield reach 1.9478%
- five-year 2.2903%, unchanged. The low reached 2.2719%
- 10 year 2.4854%, up 0.9 basis points. The low reach 2.46%
- 30 year 2.822%, up 1.1 basis points. The low reached 2.7886%
In the Forex market, the NZD is the strongest with the USD just behind but a bit higher than at the start of the NY session. The EUR is the weakest but it is off lows from earlier in the NY session.