EU's Michel Barnier still out on the wires
- "I never quoted any figure" on the Brexit bill
- Impossible to calculate the bill figure at present, depends on future development
- UK demands on future trade points towards a Canada-style model of free trade agreement
- Expects political declaration of EU-27 on future relationship next year
- Real trade negotiations will start after Brexit treaty signed
More talk coming out from Barnier following his earlier comments here.
Meanwhile, GBP/USD is surrendering most of its gains once again - as a mixture of slight sterling selling kicks in along with broad dollar strength across the board right now. The pair is now down to 1.3470.