German economic ministry: Outlook for the economy in Q2 remains subdued
The German government is saying that they aren't expecting much to come from Q2 economic performance
- Economy will remain stifled in Q2 2019
- Domestic demand remains healthy but global outlook remains bleak
- German economy is facing headwinds from the global economic context
- Expects global economic conditions to improve in 2H 2019
- Outlook for Q2 is for the time being subdued
Yep, pretty much sums up the situation in Germany right now. As long as global trade conditions continue to suffer, expect the same of the German economy. The fact that they averted auto tariffs for the time being must be a major relief.
That said, any touted rebound in 2H 2019 still remains to be seen as they've been talking up a rebound since the start of 2018 mind you. And no, it still hasn't come yet.