Japan economy minister Amari commenting on the wires
- External factors bigger than domestic factors as cause of Japanese stock market declines
- Lower oil prices will improve Japan's terms of trade
- Continued oil price falls not good for world economy
- Need to expand domestic demand
- China woes, mid east contribute to global stocks drop
Also, from Japan finance minister Aso:
- No problems with fundamentals of Japan's economy
- China market had big effect on market turmoil
- Large fall in China's FX reserves has a large impact
- May be difficult for China to continue to support its currency given declines in its FX reserves
There you go.
Thanks a lot.