Japan economy minister Motegi says US/Japan discussion on FX should be left to finance ministers
Motegi is in Washington for trade talks … obviously does not want yen to become atopic.
- hopes to reach good results in US trade talks
- talks at an early stage
- Will hold talks with Lighthizer next week before Japan-US summit
- Told US that currency rates should be discussed by respective finance ministers
- Aim for win-win agreement on autos with US
- Japan's economy minister Motegi says has not reached agreement with US on trade issues at the moment