Japan govt. official says watching FX market with sense of urgency
Reuters with comments from a Japanese government official
- Recent FX moves are rough
- Closely Watching FX market with sense of urgency
More weak verbal 'intervention' out of Japan
More detail from Reuters:
- Government official ... declined to comment on whether Tokyo would directly intervene
- The official told reporters on condition of anonymity
The 'declined to comment on whether Tokyo would directly intervene' is normal sort of stuff for this stage of the 'intervention'.
- At the moment its about slowing the yen's rise, not necessarily halting it.
- About reminding the market there is a two-way risk in the yen (check out the move overnight from 111 to 113, get the idea?)
- The 'decline to comment' - i.e keep the market guessing.