Japan - Nikkei/Markit December flash manufacturing PMI: 52.5 (prior 52.6)
The Flash lives on in the Nikkei/Markit Japan manufacturing PMI
These surveys are painting a brighter picture for Japan's economy ....
Commenting on the Japanese Manufacturing PMI survey data, Amy Brownbill, economist at Markit:
- "Operating conditions at Japanese manufacturers continued to improve at a solid rate in the final month of 2015
- Despite easing, the rate of expansion in production was robust overall
- Meanwhile, growth in total new work picked up to the second-highest since October last year
- Supporting this was a rise in international demand as new export orders increased further
- The positive PMI data shown in the final months of 2015 suggests GDP will signal some growth in the closing quarter of the year."