BOJ governor Kuroda at the IIF spring meeting 9 May
- globalization may have reached a turning point of sorts
- authorities are watching banks' profitability closely
- must also ensure banks don't take excessive risks
- need to monitor USD denominated debt in emerging economies
- major economies cannot ignore currency mismatch because rising US rates could raise dollar funding costs
Be careful what you wished for then eh Mr K ?
Overcome self-interest? Feel free to lead the way Japan.
Meanwhile USDJPY remains underpinned above 113.00 now we've finally broken through. Next target/res 113.50