Sydney tornado warning (really)
If you are in Sydney (Australia) the Bureau of Meteorology warn on the potential for tornadoes
- At 10:35 am, severe thunderstorms were detected on weather radar near Bundeena and Kumell
- These thunderstorms are moving towards the north
- They are forecast to affect Sydney City, Sydney Airport, Sydney Olympic Park, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and waters off Bondi Beach by 11:05 am and Hornsby, Parramatta and Mona Vale by 11:35 am
- Tornadoes, destructive winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely
- Radar suggests possible tornado near Kurnell, and moving to north. Bureau confirming wind gust greater than 200 km/h reported at Kurnell 1030am
Just a heads-up. Or down, I suppose.