The three seasonal trades to watch in January of 2017 (Gold, EUR & USD)
Adam posted up his research on the three critical seasonal trades to watch for the first month of the new year.
Check them out:
- In the first trading week of 2016, gold rallied 4.5%
- After two weeks of consolidation, the climb then continued and the metal was up 17% by the end of February
More at that link above
- Seasonally, January is the strongest month for the dollar index
- Since 2000, the average gain has been 1.03% and it's been 1.00% over the past 30 years
More at that link
- January is easily the worst month, historically, for the euro.
- The euro has lost an average of 1.21% in January since 2000
- In the past 10 years, the average is -1.35%.
More at the link above