PMIs from China's National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) are the data focus today. China's official Manufacturing PMI is expected to have contracted for the fifth month in a row. The Non-Manufacturing PMI is expected to have slipped a little from July.
Its not all bad news from China's economy though, there are green shoots:
- Oil - China weekly flights are 13% above pre-COVID levels
- In H1 of 2023 Chinese auto exports were up 75.7% y/y
- This snapshot from the ForexLive economic data calendar, access it here.
- The times in the left-most column are GMT.
- The numbers in the right-most column are the 'prior' (previous month/quarter as the case may be) result. The number in the column next to that, where there is a number, is the consensus median expected.
- I’ve noted data for New Zealand and Australia with text as the similarity of the little flags can sometimes be confusing.