The US has added five Xinjiang-based subsidiaries of the Chinese surveillance giant Hikvision to its 'entity list'.
US Commerce depot cits human rights concerns for adding the firms:
- Luopu Haishi Dingxin Electronic Technology
- Moyu Haishi Electronic Technology
- Pishan Haishi Yong’an Electronic Technology
- Urumqi Haishi Xin’an Electronic Technology
- Yutian Haishi Meitian Electronic Technology
Hikvision Digital Technology is a Chinese state-owned manufacturer that provides surveillance cameras used in the far northwestern region of China.
Info via South China Morning Post (may be gated)