Major indices still close higher for the week
The major US stock indices are closing the day lower as traders digest Pres. Trump's Covid diagnosis and no new stimulus deal from the Dems and GOP.
Although the NASDAQ fell over 2% today, the index still closed higher for the 2nd week in a row. The S&P index and Dow industrial average also closed higher for the week. The Dow and S&P snapped a 4-week losing streak. The stocks snapped a 2 day winning streak today. The Dow is down 434 points at the low.
The final numbers are showing:
- S&P index fell -32.31 points or -0.96% to 3348.49. It's high price reached 3369.10. It's low price extended to 3323.69
- NASDAQ index fell -251.49 points or -2.22% to 11075.03. It's high price reached 11244.87. It's low price extended to 11033.69
- Dow industrial average fell -134.15 points or -0.48% to 27682.75. It's high price reached 27861.43. It's low price extended to 27382.94
For the week the Dow industrial led the way to the upside:
- S&P index rose by 1.52%
- NASDAQ index rose by 1.48%
- Dow industrial average rose by 1.87%