NASDAQ leading the upside
The major indices are all trading at record highs as the stock trading gets underway in the US.
A snapshot of the markets a few minutes after the open shows:
- S&P index up 17.57 points or 0.53% at 3306.86
- NASDAQ index up 60 points or 0.65% at 9318.77
- Dow up 167 points or 0.58% at 29197.33
in the US debt market yields are higher:
- 2 year 1.5719%, +1.8 basis points
- 5 year 1.623%, +2.4 basis points
- 10 year 1.809%, +2.6 basis points
- 30 year 2.260%, +2.4 basis points
in other markets:
- Gold is down $-3.90 or -0.25% at 1552.30
- WTI crude oil futures are trading up $0.33 or 0.57% of $58.14
The dollar has moved higher after better retail sales in Philadelphia Fed business outlook survey results. Initial claims weren't too bad either. The dollar yen is currently up 24 pips and trading near highs for the day at 110.14. The EURUSD has move back to unchanged levels on the day after being higher coming into the NY session.