The US major indices are opening higher with the NASDAQ index leading the way. It is called back most of the declines from yesterday and trades up 1%.
A snapshot of the market currently shows:
- Dow industrial average up 144 points or 0.41% at 35178.72
- S&P index up 24 points or 0.52% at 4556
- NASDAQ index up 153 points or 1.07% at 14493
- Russell 2000 up 13.15 points or 0.64% at 2075.84
Technically, the NASDAQ index moved close to the 50% midpoint of the move up from the March 2021 low at 14304.64. The price yesterday closed at 14340 and traded to a low of 14331.
In other markets as US trading gets underway:"
- Spot gold is trading up $3.65 or 0.21% at $1844.20
- Spot silver is up $0.34 or 1.42% at $24.47
- The price of bitcoin is trading back above 42,000 at $42,747
- 10 year yield is at 1.831%
- WTI crude oil (February) is trading $86.71 down -0.29%. The March contract is trading at $85.57. That's down $0.25 on the day