The BoC announcement is due at
Earlier previews are here
- BOC to offer tapering roadmap this week; risks skewed towards weaker CAD - BofA
- Bank of Canada meeting Wednesday 21 April, preview
- Bank of Canada preview: It's taper time but outlook gap estimate is key
In brief comments from TD on what to expect:
- We look for the BoC to reduce GoC purchases to $3bn/week while reaffirming that it does not expect to lift rates until 2023. However. risks are tilted towards a more hawkish statement.
And, what expect for FX:
- A taper and growth upgrades are expected, but a hawkish surprise could reignite CAD performance and see USDCAD re-test its Covid cycle lows. We also find appealing risk/reward to fade EURCAD rallies towards 1.50.