Some positive comments there from China
- Trump-Xi meeting was successful and reached important consensus
- Consensus reached is on agriculture, energy and cars
- Whatever that has been agreed will be immediately implemented
- Ultimate goal in US-China negotiations is to remove all tariffs
- Urges US and Canada to uphold rights in Huawei case
This by right should actually be a strong boost to risk in my view. They acknowledged the situation in the Huawei case and from the language, they are saying it's not going to dent relations between the two and they are still hoping to reach a further agreement with the US on trade.
If markets are looking for a reason to negate all the pessimism from the Huawei case, this is very much it.