FOMC Lockhart: Path of rate increases to be gradual
Atlanta Fed President speaks in Atlanta
Atlanta Fed President Dennis Lockhart is speaking in Atlanta. He has not dissented on any past FOMC votes.
- Fed rate rise will soon be appropriate
- Rate path, after initial hike may be slow and halting has fed feels its way towards a potentially lower equilibrium
- Rate liftoff criteria for labor markets has been met.
- Expects inflation to pick up amid little evidence that disinflation is likely
- Encouraging data confirm US economy growing at moderate pace despite energy and export weakness
Nothing new but he looks like a trusting, happy guy (nice smile too).