UK's Brexit minister Davis talking to ITV 14 May
- Britain takes the view that that we want to get on to trade talks as soon as possible with EU in Brexit talks
- is very conscious that the time sequencing of Brexit talks will be used to pressure Britain by EU
As it stands the EU have made it clear that the exit terms must be completed before news trade discussions can be held. No official start to Brexit talks at all until after the 8 June UK election.
- there will be arguments with the EU over detail such as whether European Court of Justice will oversee the rights of EU citizens living in post-Brexit UK.
Meanwhile in Beijing UK fin min Hammond says:
- Britain a natural partner for China's Belt and Road initiative
- Britain's ambition is for more trade, not less
UK's Davis - There will be arguments over the Brexit talks detail