US initial jobless claims 222K versus 215K estimate
Jobless claims for the week of June 8, 2019
- initial jobless claims 222K versus 215K
- prior month revised slightly higher to 219K versus 218K
- four-week average rose to 217.75K versus 215.25K
- continuing claims 1695K versus 1660K estimate
- prior month revised higher to 1693K versus 1682K
- The largest increases in initial claims for the week ending June 1 were in Pennsylvania (+2,128), Tennessee (+888), Illinois (+885), Arkansas (+611), and Ohio (+493),
- The largest decreases were in Michigan (-4,291), California (-3,494),
New Jersey (-1,698), Massachusetts (-1,632), and Texas (-1,582).
The claims numbers continue to show that employers are still holding onto their employees. Good numbers continue for jobs.