- Prior was +2.6
- New orders -12.4 versus 22.1 last month
- Employment 28.1 versus 25.5 last month
- Six month capex 11.7 vs 9.6 last month
- Six month outlook -6.8 vs 2.5 last month
- Prices paid 64.5 versus 78.9 last month
It's really starting to look like a recession. Today we got this, a big disappointment in housing starts and even a small miss on jobless claims . This is the worst reading since the pandemic.
Notably, prices paid are still expanding but at a much slower pace. There's a risk the Fed is slamming on the brakes at a time when supply chains are easing and the market is doing much of the work for it.