Major indices in the US open modestly lower
Nasdaq leads the declines. Down little changed. S&P in between
The major indices the US and open and they have modest declines.
The Nasdaq is leading the way to the downside. The Dow is little changed. The S&P is in between.
The snapshot currently shows:
in the US debt market the yield curve is getting steeper with the two-year yield down -4 bps and the 30 year up 0.8 basis points.
- The NASDAQ, -28.59 points or -0.37% at 7793.96
- The S&P index -4.19 points or -0.15% at 2881.53
- The Dow is down -24.28 points or -0.09% at 26024.23
The numbers are showing:
- 2 year 1.888%, -4.0 basis points
- 5 year 1.885%, -3.0 basis points
- 10 year 2.132%, -1.0 basis points
- 30 year 2.623%, +0.8 basis points
In other markets:
- spot gold is up $5.09 or 0.3% at $1331.94
- WTI crude oil futures are down $1.14 or -2.14% at $52.13. The DOE will release inventory data at 10:30 AM ET/1430 GMT
- Bitcoion on Coinbase is trading up $60 at $7998. The price remains above its 100 and 200 hour moving averages at 7869.50 and 7851.73 respectively. Stay above each, keeps the buyers more in control.