The private-survey Manufacturing PMI from Caixin / S&P is due from China at 0145 GMT. Yesterday we had the official manufacturing and non-manufacturing PMIs from China. The results were awful:
It wasn't a good day in China all-round really:
- Disney has closed its Shanghai resort due to COVID - closed from October 31 (30K visitors were locked up inside!)
- China - Macau locks down a casino resort
- China ... "struggling growth trajectory is not just about COVID"
- "Chinese cities brace for wave of Foxconn workers from COVID-hit Zhengzhou"
At 0330 GMT is the Reserve Bank of Australia, earlier previews:
- AUD traders note - the RBA meet Tuesday, 1 November 2022, a +25bp rate hike is expected
- AUD: RBA to stick to 25bps hike: market implications - BofA
This snapshot from the ForexLive economic data calendar, access it here.
The times in the left-most column are GMT.
The numbers in the right-most column are the 'prior' (previous month/quarter as the case may be) result. The number in the column next to that, where there is a number, is the consensus median expected.
I’ve noted data for New Zealand and Australia with text as the similarity of the little flags can sometimes be confusing.