Time for me to hand it over to the North American desks.
Try and stay out of trouble, and keep it tight!
- OPEC Source: OPEC+ Discusses Potential Oil Output Cut In Excess Of 1 Million Barrels/Day
- The @Newsquawk Market Open: GBP & Gilts buoyed by UK U-turn; ISM & Central Bank speak due
- Euro Zone Fin Mins draft statement is released, focus on 'Protecting The Vulnerable'
- Polish Diplomat: EU very close to deal on Russia sanctions, include price cap on RUS oil.
- UK S&P Manufacturing PMI Final Actual 48.4 (Forecast 48.5, Previous 48.5)
- Eurozone S&P Mfg PMI Final Actual 48.4 (Forecast 48.5, Previous 48.5)
- German S&P Mfg PMI Final Actual 47.8 (Forecast 48.3, Previous 48.3)
- French S&P Mfg PMI Actual 47.7 (Forecast 47.8, Previous 47.8)
- Italian S&P Mfg PMI Actual 48.3 (Forecast 47.5, Previous 48.0)
- Swiss Manufacturing PMI Actual 57.1 (Forecast 54.6, Previous 56.4)
- Spanish S&P Manufacturing PMI Actual 49 (Forecast 49.4, Previous 49.9)
- Swiss CPI YoY: Prev: 3.5% Fcst: 3.5%
- Kwasi Kwarteng - The UK will not go ahead with plan to scrap 45p rate of income tax
- The @Newsquawk Market Open: European futures point lower following Wall St./APAC declines
- GBP buoyed by rumours of Liz Truss preparing to ditch scrapping 45p tax rate
- EU ambassadors meet this morning to discuss RUS sanctions - incl price cap on oil
- Possible OPEC+ cuts of 1.5 million (or more) may be considered